Thursday, October 3, 2013

EMERGENCY CRISIS!

PLEASE PRAY FOR JOHN ASAP!

-HE IS BEING TAKEN TONIGHT TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM FOR DEADLY INFECTION SPREADING UP HIS LEG FROM INFECTED BEDSORES ON FOOT 
and HIGH TEMPERATURE

(ACTUALLY, THESE PHOTOGRAPHS CANNOT CONVEY THE TERRIBLE CONDITION HIS FOOT AND LEG ARE REALLY IN...BRIGHT RED, INFLAMED, HOT, WITH YELLOW AND RED AND PUS EXUDING...I AM SO VERY CONCERNED!)

Only tonight, 10/3/2013, two concerned health care workers insisted I come over to John's bed and look at his injuries, hidden under the sheet. I had only been told that he "fell out of bed" and had a little cut on the bottom of his foot. That's all. 

But these injuries are not the result of a fall or a cut. They are BEDSORES, or decubitis. Pressure sores that have become inflamed and infected from lack of proper care TO AVOID THEM FROM EVER DEVELOPING IN THE FIRST PLACE. 

The infection from his feet has now spread all the way up into his leg to his knee. He has a temperature, and has become much more incoherent than when I first arrived a few days ago.

These workers told me this was not right, and were very concerned for his health.

I have performed home health care with elderly and handicapped people periodically for many years in the past, to provide for various ministries before I become involved in traveling journalism.

In the field of professional health care, you NEVER allow a patient to reach this point where bedsores become infected and it becomes life threatening. NEVER. His health care workers agreed. 

I was informed tonight that the doctor did see John earlier, BUT DID NOTHING FOR HIM. The nurse on charge had no explanation. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

No wonder he has been screaming in pain continually. But he was unable to express where the pain was located.

Am I angry? You bet! Having been in this field professionally for many years in the past, I KNOW that this kind of unprofessional neglect is improper and in fact life threatening.

Please pray for this new twist in events now. NO wonder I felt so impressed by God to come out to visit my brother and oversee his care at this time!

I will be accompanying him to the emergency room tonight. PRAY for his leg and foot to be healed, and for this situation to be addressed immediately in his nursing home. By the way, although they know this is life-threatening, he is only being sent to the emergency room tonight BECAUSE I INSISTED.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ONGOING PRAYERS FOR US BOTH!

-Pamela Rae Schuffert


No comments:

Post a Comment